Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Rockin' Lullabies

 Rockin' Lullabies




 
After years of working with young children, there are just so many times I can listen to Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.  Recently while searching my library's statewide catalog for soothing music to play during mealtimes in my preschool classroom, I stumbled upon lullaby versions (instrumental) of music from Journey, Aerosmith, Queen, and the Beatles -- classic rock songs that I grew up with.

Somehow they've taken out the harsh drums and guitars and replaced them with gentle bells and other calming instruments, yet they retain the melody of the original.  I love them; the children love them; so it's a win-win.
 
I've gone back to the library catalog for more titles and found versions available for everyone from Green Day and Nirvana to Black Sabbath and Bjork!

You'll find all available titles at their website listed below, including sample tracks to listen to first. Remember to also check your library!

Rockabye Baby!

Rockin' LullabiesSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment